Currently we are looking for a Quality Assurance and Safety Department Assistant
Salary: 20000 – 24000 p.a. depending on experience
Location: Glasgow, UK
We are a technical ship management company. We ensure that ships of our clients, ship owners, provide uninterrupted service 24/7. This includes a range of core activities:
· Selection and manning ships with talented and well trained crew,
· Arrangement of consumables, spare parts at locations where ships are trading,
· Arrangement of technical inspections, maintenance, modifications, and repairs,
· Ensuring compliance with national/international health and safety, security and environmental regulations;
All above activities are controlled by the company’s management system, which is administered and audited by the Quality Assurance and Safety Department.
In your role, you will work in a wide variety of QA and Safety Department activities to assist the Company in:
· building effective management system promoting safe and environment preserving working practices,
· ensure regulatory compliance with current and forthcoming shipping regulations,
· engage in communication with various industry stakeholder: ships’ staff, company clients, flag administrations, classification societies, ship charterers, etc.
· Administration of the company’s management system:
o Creation and revision of company procedural manuals, forms and other documents relating to office and vessel working processes
o Writing safety and security related fleet messages / circulars
· Administration and implementation of safety culture and procedures:
o Provide training in Quality Systems and SMS database for company employees.
o Attend company vessels for crew training in SMS procedures
o Organise training sessions and courses for the office staff
· Prepare safety related statistical reports
· Conduct internal auditing of office and vessel working processes
· Arrange necessary agreements and documents required for compliance with international and local regulations e.g.:
o Preparation of annual environmental performance reports
o Arrangement of USA federal and state specific vessel contingency plans,
o Administration of oil spill response and marine salvage and firefighting coverage agreements
· Be part of emergency response team during contingencies.
Key requirements (qualifications and skills):
· Higher standard of education or experience within the marine industry with particular focus on shipboard operations and health and safety. Seagoing experience on board ships in officers position is strongly preferred
· A good standard of written and verbal English.
· Good communications and presentation skills.
· Attention to details and ability to take an ownership of assigned projects.
· Experience and understanding in use of Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
· Familiarity with International Safety Management, International Ship & Port Security Codes and MARPOL Convention is strongly preferred.
· Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 standards is advantage.
In return to your talents you will be working in the mature multinational company. You will get a deep insight in the shipping industry through emerging in safety management activities and through communication with numerous industry stakeholders.
Successful candidate will undergo various training courses to ensure good understanding of applicable regulations, ability to perform audits of the management system, investigate incidents and respond to media enquiries.
From this role you can progress into QA and Safety Manager’s or Marine Superintendent’s position.
Normal working hours are 0900 – 1700 Monday to Friday. We provide 20 days of statutory leave. The company provides group personal pension, private health care and life assurance.
To apply for the job send your introduction letter and CV to email@example.com